Welcome To Randolph County, Illinois!
Hover on and off map to switch between county map and regional map.
Refresh page to see antique map.
Historic map (ca 1876) used with permission, courtesy of Cartography Associates -- David Rumsey Map Collection, www.davidrumsey.com
The people of
Randolph County welcome you!
We believe in community ... in old-fashion values ... and pride of accomplishment.
We practice a work ethic born of generations in agribusiness, mining and manufacturing excellence.
We know how
to help business succeed ...
- A large and very well-trained area workforce.
- Randolph County's Midwest location means your business is within a day's drive of more than 60 percent of the American population.
- Randolph County is replete with rail lines including the Canadian National, Mo Pac, the Illinois Central and the Union Pacific.
- Nine Illinois highways traverse the county including State Routes 3, 4, 13, 150, 152, 153, 154, 155, and 159. Interstate 55 is just minutes away.
- The Kaskaskia River flows into the Mississippi at Randolph County. Terminals of the Kaskaskia Regional Port District provide access to world markets through rail- and truck-to-barge shipping of steel and bulk products like grain, coal and fertilizer.
- Business-friendly tax structure.
- Competitive labor, construction and utility costs.
- Several existing industrial parks.
- Excellent communications infrastructure and high-speed Internet.
- Dynegy and Prairie State energy complexes generate more than 3000 megawatts of electricity.
Department of Economic Development
1 Taylor Street
Chester, Illinois 62233
Telephone: 618-826-5000 ext.221